Tuesday

Entry 6 - Word and Excel

Microsoft Word

Were there any problems?
In regards to this exercise on Microsoft word, I didn’t have any problems with it. The steps were fairly straight forward so it wasn’t too complicated.

Did you find it too simple or confusing?
I would not call this exercise simple nor confusing… as I said before the steps are fairly straight forward so the exercise was kind of idiot proof.


Can you see how this software might be useful to you?
It is evident that Microsoft word is a valuable program that has many different functions that are used for various things.


Microsoft Excel

Were there any problems?
The only problem I had with this exercise was when I had to put the formulas in the cells. The first time I entered the formulas into the column it did not come up what it says it should be but when I entered it again it worked.

What were your solutions?
I just re entered the formulas again just in case I made a mistake the first time I entered it and it worked.

Did you find it too simple or confusing?
I have only used excel a couple of times in school so I’m not entirely confident when I have to use it. With this exercise, I found it relatively straight forward with steps however, if the steps were not there to follow I would have no idea what to do.

Can you see how this software might be useful to you?
It is a useful program for maths related exercises. For example, if you want to make a graph or a table or something consisting of numerical data, excel is a suitable program to use.

No comments: